Pork Chop Veggie Medley Recipe
"I couldn't wait for dinner when my grandmother prepared this delicious pork chop dish topped with colorful vegetables," says Shirley Hulin of Los Osos, California. "Now I fix it for my familyit's one of the meals regularly requested by my husband."
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the pork chops; brown on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove chops and onions with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Add water to drippings; bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from pan. Return chops and onions to pan; add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir in corn and zucchini; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes longer or until the vegetable are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Veggie Medley in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Veggie Medley(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >