- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet; brown the chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion to the skillet. Pour broth over all; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Supper
"Tasty! I added paprika to thyme mixture ."
"I am not the biggest fan of pork chops, but thought I would give this a try anyway. I am so glad I did! It really was tasty and simple. I did not use all of the flour, will reduce by at least 2-3 Tbsp next time so I don't waste it. Great Sunday Supper."
"Why no nutritional values?"
"My husband and I love this dinner. It has everything in it, all I add is a salad. Full of flavor and color. One of my favorites."
"I just made this and it is sooooo good! I made a few substitutions because I didn't have some of the ingredients. I only made the meat because I didn't have any vegetables. I used Pork Steaks and cornmeal instead of flour. I only had one tsp of dried thyme so I used that with some ground thyme. It turned out great, I am amazed at how tender they are."
"very easy to make - i threw winter vegetables in as well"
"chicken broth, and add another veggie. Add garlic, and bell pepper"
"I made this tonight and my husband loved it, I used one can of beef broth with 2 cans of water, and served this with skillet cornbread. I will make this again."
"I added the remaining flour to a small amount of the COLD beef broth and added in with the broth, This is a very good recipe and I would recommend using all the flour. Will make again and again."