Pork Chop Supper
You can let this Pork Chop Supper simmer while you do other chores. My mother made it often on washday. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops, a few at a
- time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet; brown the chops in oil
- on both sides. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Add the potatoes, carrots
- and onion to the skillet. Pour broth over all; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4