Pork Chop Supper Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium tart apple, cored
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut apple widthwise in half. Peel and chop half of apple; set aside. Cut remaining half into three rings; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, cook and stir rice and onion in drippings until rice is lightly browned. Stir in the water, bouillon and remaining salt. Stir in chopped apple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Spoon rice mixture around pork chops. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; brush over apple slices. Arrange apple slices on top of chops.
- 5. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 411 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Pork Chop Supper Casserole
"I USED PORK BONELESS WITH GREAT RESULTSWILL MAKE FOR COMPANY"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer