Pork Chop Supper Recipe
- 1 medium tart apple, cored
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut apple widthwise in half. Peel and chop half of apple; set aside. Cut remaining half into three rings; set aside.
- Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook and stir rice and onion in drippings until rice is lightly browned. Stir in the water, bouillon and remaining salt. Stir in chopped apple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon rice mixture around pork chops. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; brush over apple slices. Arrange apple slices on top of chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chop Supper(2)
Sort By :
I USED PORK BONELESS WITH GREAT RESULTS
WILL MAKE FOR COMPANY
I CHANGED THE RICE TO BROWN RICE, THE OIL TO OLIVE AND THE CHICKEN CUBE AND WATER TO 1 CUP OF ALL NATURAL CHICKEN BROTH, TO MAKE THE MEAL HEALTHIER, BUT THE COMBINATION OF FLAVORS IS GREAT AND REALLY A GOOD MEAL.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >