Pork Chop Suey Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and saute for 10 minutes. Add water, celery, mushrooms, bouillon and ginger; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 248 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Pork Chop Suey
"I used this recipe, but replaced the pork with a piece of beef cooked in a crock pot for 5 hours with a package of onion soup mix. I added chinese vegetables, 1 can of water chestnuts. I used the ground ginger, cornstarch and soy sauce. It was the best homemade chop suey I have ever made.Donna - Groveport, OH"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.