I make this fast recipe often for weekday dinners. There are never any leftovers when this is the featured fare.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and saute for 10 minutes. Add water, celery, mushrooms, bouillon and ginger; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Suey in Country Pork 1996, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chop Suey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review