Pork Chop Skillet Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with vegetables.
- Combine the soup, water, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; pour over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chops and vegetables; keep warm.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Skillet
Sort By :
Loved it! Instead of using a skillet I threw this in the crock pot. I seared the pork chops then used the same pan to make a sauce with the tomato soup, water and flour. Then added the rest of the ingredients and sauce to the crock for 2 hours. Yummy!
Easy to make and has a great taste! My family loved it.
I made this for dinner tonight for my husband and I, preparing it exactly as written. It was sort of bland, in my opinion, and needed some salt to make it edible. I also had a hard time getting the sauce to thicken up. I think when I make it again, I will decrease the water and add more spices. It definitely has potential.
I thought this recipe was amazing! We modified it somewhat by using low sodium tomato soup, cut the thyme down a little, added some garlic powder, and also probably 1/2 teaspoon of oregano. Really a great dish! Would definately make again!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >