Pork Chop Skillet Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with vegetables.
- 3. Combine the soup, water, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; pour over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 4. Remove chops and vegetables; keep warm.
- 5. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1-1/2 cups vegetables and 1/4 cup sauce equals 360 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.