Pork Chop Skillet Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with vegetables.
- 3. Combine the soup, water, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; pour over the top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 4. Remove chops and vegetables; keep warm.
- 5. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 360 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chop Skillet
"easy to make and has a great taste! My family loved it."
"I made this for dinner tonight for my husband and I, preparing it exactly as written. It was sort of bland, in my opinion, and needed some salt to make it edible. I also had a hard time getting the sauce to thicken up. I think when I make it again, I will decrease the water and add more spices. It definitely has potential."
"I thought this recipe was amazing! We modified it somewhat by using low sodium tomato soup, cut the thyme down a little, added some garlic powder, and also probably 1/2 teaspoon of oregano. Really a great dish! Would definately make again!!!!"