- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; drain. Remove chops. Combine water, rice, onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the skillet. Place pork chops over rice mixture; top with corn and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pork and rice are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chop Skillet Meal
Sort By :
"Easy, quick, tasty. I used a whole 15 oz can of corn and stewed tomatoes smushed up a bit. I've had this recipe on file for 15 years and I can't believe I waited this long to make it. It was a winner for a quick weeknight meal!"
"found the recipe bland and if I was to make it again I would have to spice it up...Husbans comment - "Its ok...you don"t have to make it agin"...that's a no!"
"I made this recipe with one change. I used canned green beans instead of corn. delicious! I'll surely make it again."
"I made a few changes in mine. I used canned tomatoes with chilies to add spiciness and topped the dish with freshly chopped cilantro. The flavors were tasty and the pork tender. I will say that the rice was a bit more done than my household generally prefers, but all in all, a delicious dish."
"I added tomatoes and green chilies and salsa instead of the tomatoes, we like it a bit spicier. turned out a hit."