Pork Chop Potato Dinner Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in half of the onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 621 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.