Pork Chop Potato Casserole Recipe
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper; stir in hash browns, 3/4 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 512 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.