Folks who sample my cooking tease me and say I should open a restaurant. But I'm more than happy just cooking comforting meals like this for family and friends.
- 6 pork chops (5 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) slice mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on each side. Place chops in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the next six ingredients; mix well. Pour over pork. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes, peas and pimientos. Cover and bake 15 minutes longer or until pork is tender and vegetables are heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Potato Bake in Country Pork 1996, p67
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review