Pork Chop Pear Skillet Recipe
"My mother and grandmother taught me how to prepare easy meals that look and taste gourmet, like Mom's recipe for pork chops and pears," comments Dawn Haggerty of Canyon Lake, California. Seasoned with honey, ginger, lemon and pineapple juice, the yummy sauce adds delightful flavor to this distinctive dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, honey, 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pear slices; set aside. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Pour pear mixture over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Remove pork and pears with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork and pears. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC