Pork Chop Packets Recipe
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. Start the grill for indirect medium-hot heat. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, uncovered, over direct heat area for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned.
- 2. Place each chop on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with sauerkraut; sprinkle with caraway seeds and nutmeg. Fold foil around pork and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Open carefully to allow steam to escape. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 packet equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer