Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 199 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Pork Chop Dinner
"This would be a great one to repeat this winter when working late. I thought it tasted okay but no comments from my family other than the meat was tender."
"This recipe was just OK for us. I thought based on the other reviews it was going to be delicious. Not so.....it really lacked in the punch factor. I think it needs more seasoning of some sort. My son didn't even care for it, and he eats EVERYTHING."
"Would definitely make this again. Didn't make any changes and came out perfect the first time. Yum!"
"This is a good recipe. I doubled the sauce and cooked the chops for about 5 and half hours. I will make this again."
"coming across this recipe reminded me of my moms recipe. she has made this meal since i can remember. of course some of the ingredients she didn't use like the worcestershire sauce and the cider vinegar. otherwise it still tested like moms."
"very good for pork chops. I actually cooked on top of the stove instead of crock pot and it was really tender and juicy. I cooked it for about an hour after i browned it & added all the ingredients on a simmer."