Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Pork Chop Dinner
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.