Pork Chop Dinner for Two
I've prepared this dish for a tableful of people, but it's also easy to fix just for two. If you like different vegetables, simply add them along with the other ingredients. My side dishes for this meal are toasted bread and salad. —Shirley Lazor
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in a greased
- 8-in.-square baking pan. Layer potatoes, onion and carrot over
- chops. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until pork chops and
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.