- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Dinner
Sort By :
This would be a great one to repeat this winter when working late. I thought it tasted okay but no comments from my family other than the meat was tender.
This recipe was just OK for us. I thought based on the other reviews it was going to be delicious. Not so.....it really lacked in the punch factor. I think it needs more seasoning of some sort. My son didn't even care for it, and he eats EVERYTHING.
Would definitely make this again. Didn't make any changes and came out perfect the first time. Yum!
This is a good recipe. I doubled the sauce and cooked the chops for about 5 and half hours. I will make this again.
If you like this recipe , I recommend the Tangy Pork Chops recipe from this site. It's very,very good!