"Family and friends call me the "Crock-Pot Queen," reveals Janet Phillips of Meadville, Pennsylvania. "Of my many slow-cooked specialties, this is my husband's favorite."
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Dinner in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p8
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review