Pork Chop Delight Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the V8 juice, salt and pepper. Return chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce equals 243 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.