A medley of peppers and onions bask in the tangy tomato sauce that enhances these pork chops. “It's a delicious meal for two, without being too filling,” says Ken Welty of Springfield, Virginia.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the V8 juice, salt and pepper. Return chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Delight in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review