- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. Sprinkle with half of onions.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until onions are browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chop Casserole
Sort By :
"Great sauce. Tender chops. The rosemary and ginger are not overpowering."
"The first day I made this I didn't care much for it but when I ate the leftovers the next day it tasted so much better. I think that this would also turn out really well with chicken breasts."
"I made this for my family last night and it was delicious. I only cooked 3 pork chops instead of 6 called for in recipe, but I did not half the sauce part. That way we had plenty of the gravy for the mashed potatoes. If you like plenty of sauce would recommend doubling the amount if you are baking 6 pork chops. It was just the right amount for 3. This is definitely a recipe worth trying. Field Editor"
"Good flavor with the sauce which I spooned over rice. My chops didn't turn out as tender as I would have liked. Just wondering if I didn't cook as long as directed. Disappointing, but I'd try again & make sure I get cooking time correct."
"Have been making this recipe for years! It has a wonderful creamy sauce with a subtle ginger taste. The french fried onions add a nice crunch to the top of the casserole."