Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. Sprinkle with half of onions.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until onions are browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chop Casserole(8)
Sort By :
Good flavor with the sauce which I spooned over rice. My chops didn't turn out as tender as I would have liked. Just wondering if I didn't cook as long as directed. Disappointing, but I'd try again & make sure I get cooking time correct.
Have been making this recipe for years! It has a wonderful creamy sauce with a subtle ginger taste. The french fried onions add a nice crunch to the top of the casserole.
This is the most delicious recipe ever! It is a favorite of my family's, and I've given it to my sisters, and their families love it too!
So delicious! The ginger and rosemary combination was perfect!! Didnt have any of the canned onions, so i subbed sauteed thin sliced onions. Will be adding this to the regular rotation!!
This was very good, the only think I think I would do differently would be to get boneless pork chops, otherwise, everything was great! I served it with white rice & added some extra chicken broth to make a little more gravy. Thank you for sharing this recipe