Pork Chop Cacciatore Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 cups cooked egg noodles
- Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4-or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, basil and remaining salt; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Cacciatore(7)
Sort By :
We liked the flavor, and I will make again.
This smelled amazing and tasted really good too! We made this for guest and it was enjoyed by all
I totally agree that the cooking time is way too long; I did it for about 4 hours on low. Also added about1/2 cup dry red wine and it was excellent.
These pork chops were delicious for such a simple recipe. The sauce had lots of flavor. I also cooked them for less time, about 6 hours; my pork chops were on the thinner side. I served it with egg noodles, but mashed potatoes would be great too.
We really liked this - made a mistake with the water, added all (1/2 cup) at the 1/4 point, but thought adding the cornstarch to 1/4 cup of the juices was more flavorable. cooked for 7 1/2 hrs.and the pork was falling off the bone. Also, my husband asked for Mashed potatoes instead of noodles and mixed in some of the sauce with them!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >