Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apples, cranberry sauce and onion. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Top with pork chops.
- 3. Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until pork reaches 145° and apples are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1-1/2 cups apple mixture (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 499 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.