“I first tried Pork Chops and Apples, then I added cranberry and onion, and it was so good,” writes Shelvy Ritter of Portage, Wisconsin. “I like to eat this with mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.”
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apples, cranberry sauce and onion. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until pork reaches 145° and apples are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Bake in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review