- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine apples, cranberry sauce and onion. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until pork reaches 145° and apples are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Bake
Sort By :
My husband was put on a restricted sodium diet and this is the first recipe I've found that the whole family eats without adding salt. Delicious. We live in the desert and don't like to heat the house up with the oven so I make it in a dutch oven on top of the stove. After browning, simmer for about 45 minutes and it's perfect.
Delicious recipe! The entire family (which consists of picky eaters) loved it! We didnt sear our pork chops in butter, instead just sprayed the pan.
Made this last night as it sounded good. It was terrible and mushy. We did not care for it at all. Will not keep this recipe.
Oh My Gosh, this was SO good! I added a "pinch" of nutmeg - Mmmmm! Will definately make this recipe again!
This was very good. I used Granny Smith Apples. I think if I had used any other ones they might have been mush.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >