Pork Chop and Rice Dinner Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork chops in butter; season with salt and pepper if desired. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; add rice, onion and garlic. Mix well. Stir in soup, water, cheese, pepper and salt.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; arrange chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender and pork juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 507 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Rice Dinner
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.