Pork Chop and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Sprinkle pork chops with Italian seasoning and pepper. Arrange in the center of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine the potatoes, onion and flour; place around chops. Dot with margarine; sprinkle with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Potato Casserole(3)
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this recipe! Good way to try something new and easy with pork chops!
I have made this recipe many times and have modified it so that it really does well. I leave out the flour, which seems like an odd ingredient to me. I slice the potatoes super thin, and microwave them for about 10-15 minutes before adding them. The cooking time is greatly reduced--to about 30 minutes, 15 covered, 15 not, and the chops come out moist and heavenly.
Sorry, but this one is a DUD!
The chops turned out chewy, not tender, the unappealing grey color did nothing to enhance the gummy potatoes with lumps of flour throughout. I wonder if coating the chops with flour and seasonings and browning them first might save this dish?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >