"My family raves about this casserole with its tender chops and nicely seasoned potatoes," reports Linda Wynn of Iowa Park, Texas. "I can just pop it in the oven and let it bake."
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Sprinkle pork chops with Italian seasoning and pepper. Arrange in the center of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine the potatoes, onion and flour; place around chops. Dot with margarine; sprinkle with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review