- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Sprinkle pork chops with Italian seasoning and pepper. Arrange in the center of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine the potatoes, onion and flour; place around chops. Dot with margarine; sprinkle with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Potato Casserole
"We really enjoyed this recipe! Good way to try something new and easy with pork chops!"
"I have made this recipe many times and have modified it so that it really does well. I leave out the flour, which seems like an odd ingredient to me. I slice the potatoes super thin, and microwave them for about 10-15 minutes before adding them. The cooking time is greatly reduced--to about 30 minutes, 15 covered, 15 not, and the chops come out moist and heavenly."
"Sorry, but this one is a DUD!The chops turned out chewy, not tender, the unappealing grey color did nothing to enhance the gummy potatoes with lumps of flour throughout. I wonder if coating the chops with flour and seasonings and browning them first might save this dish?"