Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole Recipe
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 415 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole
"My husband loved this! I was looking for an easy dish to throw together and this was it. I'll probably change the soy sauce to low sodium next time. Also, I followed other reviewers suggestion and used chicken stock as oppose to water. I think I'll cover this dish next time to keep some of the moisture looked into the Pork chops."
"Delicious and different. My family loves it."
"When I first looked at this recipe I started planning to make this pork chop dish. However, the sodium is way too high for me. I try to limit my daily sodium intake to 1500 - 1800 mg. Looks tasty otherwise!"
"My family LOVED this recipe! The only thing I changed was I used chicken broth instead of water. Delicious! I will definitely make this again."
"I used a whole can of chicken broth in place of the water. This is a great one dish meal! My husband & I loved the rice."
"Yummy dish!! Grandkids love it."
"It's a good one dish meal."
"This was an easy recipe to make and one I will make again. Thank you for a very tasty dinner."
"There is a Green Chili Rice dish on this site that would be close to this recipe if you added the pork chops, but with the addition of sour cream and cheese would have a lot more flavor."
"What about spices I can see in a pork chop in the picture?"
"Not sure about the S S addition. That aside, even if its just a prepared boxed 'Turkey Dressing' with a small bag of frozen veggies. GOOD EATS!"
"The pork was very moist but overall the dish was quite bland. I would add things with more flavor next time. I also thought there was too much soy sauce."
"I used roasted garlic chicken mushroom soup and added a jalapeno...YUMMY!"