Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole Recipe
A real estate agent who wanted to list my house dropped off this recipe at my door. I didn't sell the house, but the recipe has saved my life many times! It is easy to make and guests always find the combination very tasty. —Mickey O'Neal, Chula Vista, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,385 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC