Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole Recipe
A real estate agent who wanted to list my house dropped off this recipe at my door. I didn't sell the house, but the recipe has saved my life many times! It is easy to make and guests always find the combination very tasty. —Mickey O'Neal, Chula Vista, California
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,385 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC