- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole
Sort By :
"When I first looked at this recipe I started planning to make this pork chop dish. However, the sodium is way too high for me. I try to limit my daily sodium intake to 1500 - 1800 mg. Looks tasty otherwise!"
"My family LOVED this recipe! The only thing I changed was I used chicken broth instead of water. Delicious! I will definitely make this again."
"I used a whole can of chicken broth in place of the water. This is a great one dish meal! My husband & I loved the rice."
"Yummy dish!! Grandkids love it."
"It's a good one dish meal."