A real estate agent who wanted to list my house dropped off this recipe at my door. I didn't sell the house, but the recipe has saved my life many times! It is easy to make and guests always find the combination very tasty. —Mickey O'Neal, Chula Vista, California
- 4 pork rib chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet,over medium-high heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion, chilies and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice; saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops. Bake at 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole in Country Extra May 1992, p47
Reviews for Pork Chop and Chilies Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review