Pork Chop 'n' Kraut Dinner
Leota Hall prepares a complete meal in her pressure cooker. "Add a salad or veggie and dinner's ready," says the Lincoln, Nebraska cook.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a pressure cooker, cook pork chops in oil until lightly browned on
- each side; drain. Remove chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add
- sauerkraut to cooker; sprinkle with brown sugar. place pork chops
- and potatoes over sauerkraut; add water.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring
- cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and
- cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow
- steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's
- directions until pressure is completely reduced. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer