- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a pressure cooker, cook pork chops in oil until lightly browned on each side; drain. Remove chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add sauerkraut to cooker; sprinkle with brown sugar. place pork chops and potatoes over sauerkraut; add water.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chop 'n' Kraut Dinner
Sort By :
So delicious. Brown sugar - brilliant. The meat was tender and flavorful, and the potatoes absorbed the flavors as well. I did lightly saute a sliced onion and add it on top. Perfect. Great company meal or quick family dinner.
This was wonderful. My husband was in Germany a total of 11 years while in the military and he loved this dish.