My husband usually tries to avoid spending time in the kitchen, but he'll frequently offer to prepare this easy chili. Of course, he always eagerly serves as taste-tester!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil; drain.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and
- cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours
- longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.