Pork Chili Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chili
"Very disappointing. Too much tomato. I should have known better."
"Too thick of a tomato sauce!"
"Decided to try this recipe because we had not tasted chili with pork before. We ate it with cheese and cornbread muffins, It tasted a lot better than we had expected. We will be cooking it again."
"too hot for my family, sorry"
"This had a kick but was way too sweet tasting. No one in our family wants me to try this one again..... Sorry about that!"
"I had whole jalepenos, so I finely chopped a whole one and threw that in there, and left out the cayenne pepper and the chili powder. Delicious! Husband LOVED it. Definitely will make again. It's spicy, but not so spicy that I can't get through a whole serving of it."
"I won a chili cook off with this recipe for pork chili. I call it my pulled pork chili , I left out a couple of items so I could call it my recipe. Instead of chunks I shredded the pork. Now I am going to put the recipe in our church ' s recipe book the ladies are making . Thanks so much for great recipes ."
"I'm not really a fan of pork in chili; however, I decided to give this a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of pork with the spices and chili beans made a nice, zesty combination. One thing I did was to make my chunks a little smaller. I also add an additional can of spicy chili beans. Excellent."
"This reciepe is so easy and so, so good. I've made it twice now with Cheese Enchildas and Pork Burrito's."