More Winning Chili Recipes »
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrots, onion and garlic in oil in batches until pork is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, jalapenos and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chili Verde
"5 stars the best I've ever eaten. I used my homemade hatch Chile Verde for the sauce"
"This recipe is great! Our family loved it. I had left over pork loin chops that I had made a couple nights ago that was cooked with apples, onions and cumin. The sweetness of the apples and the spice of this enchilada sauce in this recipe not only really complimented this dish but was fast to put together since the chops were already cooked. I just mixed them together in a dutch oven after making the sauce and let them simmer covered to melge for a while. Wow! Definite keeper."
"Super delicious, we loved it! It's a staple in our home."
"This is great but it might be easier to leave the jalapeno on the side so you could leave the amount of spice up to the individual person."
"This super simple to make and very tasty."
"This was very easy to make. I always look for opportunities to use my slow cookers.It was so good tasting my wife thought that I went all out to cook it."
"Easy and so yummy!"
"Hubby loved it, really is a great recipe. The next time I make it I'll cut back just a little on the cilantro, though. I love cilantro so it may have been a "heavy" cup, but even so the recipe was still fabulous. Served over brown rice."
"This was easy and delicious my family loved it!!"
"Very good, smells great"