- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrots, onion and garlic in oil in batches until pork is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, jalapenos and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chili Verde(9)
Sort By :
This super simple to make and very tasty.
This was very easy to make. I always look for opportunities to use my slow cookers.
It was so good tasting my wife thought that I went all out to cook it.
Easy and so yummy!
Hubby loved it, really is a great recipe. The next time I make it I'll cut back just a little on the cilantro, though. I love cilantro so it may have been a "heavy" cup, but even so the recipe was still fabulous. Served over brown rice.
This was easy and delicious my family loved it!!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Stews >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >