More Winning Chili Recipes »
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrots, onion and garlic in oil in batches until pork is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, jalapenos and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Chili Verde
"Super delicious, we loved it! It's a staple in our home."
"This is great but it might be easier to leave the jalapeno on the side so you could leave the amount of spice up to the individual person."
"This super simple to make and very tasty."
"This was very easy to make. I always look for opportunities to use my slow cookers.It was so good tasting my wife thought that I went all out to cook it."
"Easy and so yummy!"