Pork Carnitas Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast or pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds), cut into 3-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pork, lime juice, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour; stir. Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Shred pork with two forks. Spoon about 1/3 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, avocados, tomatoes, onion, lettuce and, if desired, cilantro. Fold in bottom and sides of tortillas. Serve with salsa. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Carnitas
Sort By :
Not really carnitas. Should be called shredded pork tacos. That being said, the pork was tasty and tender but dry. Guess I should have mixed some of the broth in with the meat.
This recipe was a hit! And SO much healthier than traditional carnitas which are fried! YUM!
Pork Carnitas is cooked then fried...This does not call for frying...This is just cooked pork meat...