Pork Cabbage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds Chinese or napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and sugar. Stir in wine or broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add the carrots, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage; stir-fry until cabbage is wilted.
- 3. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup stir-fry mixture, calculated without rice) equals 312 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pork Cabbage Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.