Pork Cabbage Saute
In Peekskill, New York, Rosemary Gisin mildly seasons pork slices and cabbage strips to create this main dish. "I like to make this one-pan meal because it's fast and easy," she explains.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the pork in oil over medium heat
- until no longer pink; remove the keep warm. In the same skillet,
- saute the cabbage, onion, garlic and bay leaves in butter until
- vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in pork, salt and
- pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One cup(prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer