Pork Cabbage Saute Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the pork in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; remove the keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the cabbage, onion, garlic and bay leaves in butter until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in pork, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Pork Cabbage Saute
"This is good and easy...although I would prefer more seasoning."
"This was excellent served with green beans and a rice pilaf."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer