- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the pork in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; remove the keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the cabbage, onion, garlic and bay leaves in butter until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Stir in pork, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Cabbage Saute in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p56
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Cabbage Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2014
This is good and easy...although I would prefer more seasoning.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2013
This was excellent served with green beans and a rice pilaf.