Pork Burritos Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado and sour cream, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with avocado and sour cream if desired. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Freeze option: Omit avocado and sour cream. Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds. Serve with sliced avocado and sour cream if desired Yield: 10 burritos.
1 serving (1 each) equals 524 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Burritos
"Has great flavor, and the spiciness is just right!"
"This one is great! Easy and delicious. Definitely a keeper."
"Super easy to make which is always a bonus. My two boys LOVED it and they are very picky eaters so this one is a keeper."
"Loved these burritos. I made this for Father's Day dinner and everyone loved them."
"This was so tasty, and it was really easy. I did lower the chili powder to 3 tbsp and added an extra tbsp of lime juice, and I didn't have jalapenos but I'm not a huge spicy fan so that was fine with me. Topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar, delicious!"
"We love this recipe. I have made it twice my husband thinks its the best burritos."
"Loved it making again"
"Excellent and simple! A huge potluck hit."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.