- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Add cherry mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pork, pepper and salt. Shape
- into six patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Serve on buns with arugula, bacon and sauce mixture.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 785 calories, 41 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,541 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 48 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now