- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Dash ground allspice
- Dash pepper
- 2 fresh pineapple slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 green pepper rings, thinly sliced
- 4 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 2 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, halved
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, honey and teriyaki sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, onions, ginger, allspice and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, brush pineapple slices with 1 tablespoon mustard mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Grill pepper rings 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Cut pineapple and pepper slices in half. Grill buns, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, pineapple slices, pepper rings and remaining mustard mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pork Burgers with Grilled Pineapple & Peppers
"Taste alternative to beef burgers. i will use a different bun next time. The Hawaiian sweet rolls I found ended up a bit small for the burgers. The mustard mix had great tangy flavor. Will do this again."