Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
We were happy when there was pork roast on the menu because we were sure that, within the next few days, we'd be feasting on leftover pork in these tasty sandwiches.
-George Hascher, Phoenicia, New York
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 2 to 3 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir
- in the ketchup, salt and mustard. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve on rolls. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 427 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 2,025 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.