Pork Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 2 to 3 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the ketchup, salt and mustard. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 427 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 2,025 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
"I added 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons vinegar to add extra flavor which helped a lot."