Pork Barbecue Sandwiches Recipe
We were happy when there was pork roast on the menu because we were sure that, within the next few days, we'd be feasting on leftover pork in these tasty sandwiches. -George Hascher, Phoenicia, New York
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 2 to 3 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the ketchup, salt and mustard. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 427 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 2,025 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC