We were happy when there was pork roast on the menu because we were sure that, within the next few days, we'd be feasting on leftover pork in these tasty sandwiches. -George Hascher, Phoenicia, New York
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 2 to 3 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the ketchup, salt and mustard. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Pork Barbecue Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra August 2003, p52
Reviews for Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2014
"I added 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons vinegar to add extra flavor which helped a lot."