Pork and Winter Squash Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2-1/2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a Dutch oven or saucepan, brown pork in 1 tablespoon of oil. Remove from pan; drain. Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Return pork to pan. Add the mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add squash; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pork and Winter Squash Stew(3)
Sort By :
So delicious on a cold New England night! I happen to have some brown rice which I chose to serve it over. I will definitely be making this again!
Really good winter - snow on the ground- recipe. I did add 2 more garlic cloves and baked it for 2 hours @325 adding the squash about 45 min before the end. Enjoyed by all!
Very good. I usually do more veggies and a bit less meat, but this is a delicious and different combination. Great over egg noodles.
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Stew Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >