Pork and Waffles with Maple-Pear Topping Recipe
Maple and Dijon mustard come through beautifully in these upscale, crowd-pleasing waffles.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 frozen waffles, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and thyme. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil in batches over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 2. Add the pears, syrup, mustard and salt to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve pork slices and pear mixture over waffles. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC