Pork and Veggie Soup Recipe
Looking for a change from typical vegetable soup? Try this hearty combination from Jennifer Honeycutt of Nashville, Tennessee. A tasty broth has tender chunks of pork and a bounty of veggies, including carrots, green beans, diced tomatoes and corn.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC