Pork and Veggie Saute Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and one bay leaf. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Add remaining bay leaf to the remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork; discard bay leaf. In a nonstick skillet, saute pork in oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, red pepper and celery until crisp-tender. Discard bay leaf from reserved marinade. Combine cornstarch, honey and marinade until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork and Veggie Saute
Sort By :
You can get results that are equally as tasty if you substitute sliced carrots for the sliced celery. Be sure to use the reduced-sodium broth and soy sauce that the recipe calls for though, because without either it can get pretty salty.
this is soooo good.could make this at least twice a week.keep up the good work,