Pork and Vegetable Stir- Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork and toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in 2 teaspoons oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and celery; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir-fry pork with marinade in batches in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return the vegetable mixture and all of the pork to the pan. Add spinach; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 251 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer