This stir-fry is chockful of good-for-you veggies and pork.—Jamilla Ivits, Cambridge, Ontario
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork and toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in 2 teaspoons oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and celery; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry pork with marinade in batches in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return the vegetable mixture and all of the pork to the pan. Add spinach; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Veggie Stir-Fry in Country Woman September/October 2001, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork and Vegetable Stir- Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review