This stir-fry is chockful of good-for-you veggies and pork.—Jamilla Ivits, Cambridge, Ontario
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; add pork and toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in 2 teaspoons oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and celery; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry pork with marinade in batches in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return the vegetable mixture and all of the pork to the pan. Add spinach; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Veggie Stir-Fry in Country Woman September/October 2001, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork and Vegetable Stir- Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2011
"My husband really liked this, I thought it was ok, kids ate it without comment but they did eat it."